Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update to water damage

Well went up to house and my pm is cutting out all the drywall that got wet ( the drywall guys left the windows open) and rain from the hurricane we had this past weekend got in. Who leaves windows open even just a little if a hurricane is comming? Hello ! They are also replacing the fireplace that got wet too. And rain got in through that as well, through fireplace vent and leaked down walls to basement ( see pictures from earlier posts) after all wet drywall and  insulation is taking out They will spray for mold just in case , and get a certification from a mold inspection company . I am still uneasy about all this but it seems like they are trying to make it right.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have to deal with this, before even moving into the house. I hope it all works out. Do they plan on doing anything about the water stains in the basement? The reason I ask is because seeing water stains on the basement walls and floor may affect your resale value down the road, and I don't know if there is much RH can do about it, or if they would even try to, I think it may be worth talking about with them though. Keep us posted on how things go.
    I admire you for remaining relatively calm about this, if it were me I would be throwing a fit and considering backing out, I am a big baby when it comes to things like these. Either way, I guess it is good that they are trying to be safe and spraying for mold... but my other question would be if this spraying will have to be documented in your disclosure forms... which can also possibly affect your resale value down the road ?? ... I am just paranoid, so I hope all my questions aren't freaking you out, just throwing them out there so you can ask if you want to, in case they will help make life easier later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sucks! I hope everything is taken care of in an expedient and professional manner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is not good. We went to check on our Ryan Home in construction after the hurrican and it was locked up...but we stuck our daughter through an unlocked window and got her to open the door (lol). We wanted to make sure all was good with our own eyes. Stay on top of Ryan because moisture damage can be a beast to fix.

    ReplyDelete